Delivery Truck Driver
|Location:||Kenilworth, NJ 07033 (Exit 138)|
|Industries:||Office Equipment / Computer / IT Services / Copiers|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Career Level:||Entry Level, Mid-Level, Experienced|
|Salary:||Base Salary (Commensurate with Experience)|
Delivery Driver Job Summary
We are seeking a dependable, experienced delivery driver to become a vital part of our delivery team. Physical strength and stamina, as well as a clean driving record, are needed. Delivery Drivers must be organized, efficient and professional at all times while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time.
Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure inventory stock matches delivery documents.
- Load, organize and secure product inventory from warehouse into your vehicle and unload products in and out of truck as needed throughout the day, in a safe and responsible manner.
- Use GPS to determine and follow scheduled routes for daily deliveries.
- Ensure products are delivered in a timely manner & deliver goods to specific locations determined by clients.
- Attach certain equipment parts so as to make equipment operational at client sites.
- Scan or e-mail confirmation of delivery documents upon completion of delivery
- Check in with dispatcher on delivery progress as needed.
- Maintain and organize all delivery paperwork and deliver it to the proper personnel by the end of each shift.
- Always keep vehicle organized, clean, tidy & fueled.
- Inspect delivery vehicle daily looking for anything problematic (low tire pressure, tire wear, dents etc.) and report any abnormalities.
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered, while en-route, to supervisors.
- Follow rules and regulations of the road at all times.
- Follow all company and state enforced safety requirements for loading and unloading product.
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Delivery Driver Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Proficient at driving and parking up to 20’ vehicles.
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Experience using stair crawlers, hand trucks & pallet jacks is a plus.
- Forklift certified a plus.
- Physically fit and strong, able to lift up to 50 pounds comfortably.
- Physical activity required including frequent bending, reaching, pushing, lifting and standing.
- Ability to follow installation instructions (to prep and reinstall features on site)
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent certification.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills required.
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all clients a positive customer service experience.
- Salary commensurate with experience at $16.65 per hour.
- Open opportunity for advancement.
- Company supplied uniform.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Benefits package (incl. medical & dental).
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution.
- Profit Sharing plans.
- Paid vacation time.