|Company: Document Solutions|
|Location: Kenilworth, NJ 07033 (Exit 138)|
|Industries: Computer/IT Services|
|Job Type: Full Time Career Level: Experienced|
|Education: Preference will be given to candidates who have a masters degree in business administration (MBA)|
or professional accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA),
certified management accountant (CMA) or chartered global management accountant (CGMA).
Document Solutions is seeking a Controller with operations experience to manage the accounting, purchasing and light manufacturing operations. The right candidate must be an energetic team player who is able to roll-up their sleeves to get the work done. Leadership ability is required as it is expected that the office will expand as the business grows. Communication and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
Judgement: Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized matter.
Oral and Written Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps other adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
We provide benefits that include:
- Outstanding benefits package (incl. medical & dental)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution.
- Visible, exciting work supporting the sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions
- Profit Sharing Plans.